Friday, March 16, 2012

Better After

Ok, again..for some reason, I cannot put my pictures in the order than I want them to go in....ughhhhhh!!! If anyone knows how, let me know. I've tried uploading them in every order, and it just never works. ANYWAY, John and I searched and searched for the perfect little, vintage dresser for our dining room. I finally found an adorable little 1930's number on Craigslist, but it was painted horribly. I would have probably left it red if it wasn't so shotty looking, but I'm THRILLED with what we decided to do with it.
My wonderful, hard-working hubby spent well over 8 hrs sanding this puppy, as it had at least six layers of paint on it. It seriously took forever. Then he taped and painted the Chevron pattern on for me...isn't he sweet? I think it looks awesome, and I never would have been able to do this good of a job myself. I promise you, my chevrons would have been all over the place!

LOVE.

The original.




















3 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! But Jenny, next time start with a paint stripper (I recommend CitrusStrip for a non-toxic, effective option). Then after getting most of the paint scraped off, sand :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! Looks amazing! You two did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Thinking about painting a wall like this in our new house.

    ReplyDelete