Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Paperless Kitchen

I finally have a paperless kitchen...honestly, it's mostly because of where I live! And I didn't even really realize that it was paperless until a few months ago. When I first got here, it drove me crazy that I didn't have paper napkins, but now, I realize that not only to I save money...but I save the environment, baby...yeah. I hope that if you are still using paper products in your kitchen, that you take a good, long look at why it is that you do, and if it really is a necessity.


This doesn't really have anything to do with paper, except they aren't paper bags...but we wash, dry, and re-use our zip-lock bags on this handy dandy little bag dryer that my Mom made me. Super simple. We brought two boxes of zip-locks to Africa almost four years ago, and they are still each half full! You can honestly re-use zip-lock bags forever! Especially the super thick ones.


Cloth napkins. Cute, durable, soft...awesome.


We bought a pack of like 20 wash cloths for not even $4 at Wal-Mart and we use them mostly to clean Levi up after meals. SUCH a great buy and they last forever!

Dish towels...there are so many cute dish towels out there. I have friends that obsess over them! "Tea towels" they call them =0) SO much better than paper towels people!!!



Ok, this isn't new to anyone...a simple sponge. I use my sponges for the dishes, to scrub the counters, the sinks, the floor at times...say no to paper towels!





No comments:

Post a Comment